Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Theft of my card!

So I went to pay the ol Discover card today and I looked up my balance on the internet to find that it was 30.00$ higher than I thought. There were 3 charges from yahoo for wierd titles. I was totally freaked out because me or my hubby have not used the card recently. We did let my sister in law borrow it for a single transaction that we know the total for. Anyhoo I called yahoo and they said someone has gotten our credit card info and is setting up websites where they sell merchandise in our names. They even knew our address and everything. Holy crapoly!!! So some random a@$hole is selling things to unsuspecting humans in our name. Maybe it is some type of scam. I had Discover shut down our card and reissue new ones. I don't know how our info got leaked out but I just wanted to say be sooo careful about what websites you purchase from online. You never know who is seeing what you are typing. I love you all and check your statements often!

4 comments:

Jessie said...

oh my goodness!! that is so crazy!! Wow, I'm glad I have a little OCD when it come to checking my balances online. I just at least once a day, lol
wow, good thing you caught it when you did!

Maria said...

That is freakin' scary! Glad you caught it before it got out of hand.

Maria Ison said...

We had someone steal our info not too long ago. It freakin' sucks doesn't it? Sorry this happened to you.

westfam said...

Hey, let me know when my stuff gets to your house that I ordered..thanks!
cw