Thursday, December 11, 2008

Oh Edward....

So the Blood Van came to our work today. I have never given blood so I decided to give it a try. It wasn't as bad as I thought. The tech that helped me was super nice. I felt fine until I started to get up..... Then it started, the hot flash, the nausea, the weirdness. They had me put ice packs on my chest and drink tons of water and juice. I started to feel better so I got up. Sure enough the heat waves come back and I started to not feel so good. Anyway after about a half an hour I was allowed to leave the blood wagon. It has been about two hours and I am starting to feel normal. I am glad I did it all in all. It was scary feeling like I was going to pass out, but knowing that someone might live with my amazing blood made it all worth it. I just wish it was Edward who was having my blood......

3 comments:

Amber said...

Oh dear, I'm glad you are okay!!! I have never been able to give blood for that reason. AND I'm a nurse!!

The McClellan Clan said...

YOU ARE SUCH A DORK!!! But I'm glad your up and at em without a heavy hang over thy poor head!!! Thanks for the donation! someone will love you for it. Especially all those little cancer patients out there!!

Maria said...

LOL. that's funny. apparently there are a lot of people who wish edward was getting their blood. :P

Glad that you are feeling better. I've never had problems giving blood. In fact, I love giving blood. I feel really good about two days later for like a week. Strange!