Thursday, March 19, 2009

Freed from prison

So it is finally done. God heard me...when for so long I wondered if I was forgotten. The man who stole so much from our family was sent to prison. He will be there for the next 3 to 15 years. It hurts my heart to know he is there, but it also frees my heart to know he is there. No longer will I see this man doing whatever he wants with no guilty conscence while I suffer wondering why? He is in a place where people have to go when serious crimes are committed. Our family can now heal knowing that justice was served. My Grandmother got to hear the words "I am sorry" from her husbands mouth for the first time in 62 years. For that I am truly grateful. She is the most amazing and loving woman. She deserves so much more than that man ever gave her. The judge said every word that I have waited so many years to hear. I believe that someone else moved him to say those things. I was not forgotten..... Thank you lord, thank you for every soul who helped me do what had to be done. I love you all.

5 comments:

The McClellan Clan said...

Oh you're making me cry!!! Those were some awesome words. you said everything just right!! I hope and pray that you truly listened to the judges words and use them daily and know that I love you so much! You are awesome. I hope you guys are really feeling better. Take care!

Jessie said...

Like the comment before me said, You ARE awesome Nicole!

Maria said...

Nicole, you are just wonderful! I wish I could express how amazing you are -- but it's hard. Just know I/We love you so much! So glad that you are feeling loved ... by your H.F.! Love you mucho!

Amber said...

Amen!!!! to EVERYTHING!!!

Cami said...

Very well said